July 11 2013
Pedalfest rolls into Jack London Square Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7p.m. to celebrate all-things cycling at the Bay Area’s premier bicycle festival. This free annual event will pack the waterfront with more than 20,000 biking enthusiasts enjoying bicycle-themed entertainment, food and exhibits including:
- Cycling daredevils performing in a 30-foot banked wooden Whiskeydrome.
- Eye-popping two-wheeled stunts by pro riders Mike Steidley and Chris Clark.
- Rock the Bike’s pedal-powered stage featuring live music.
- TGC Actions Sport/BMX Stunt Team performances.
- Oaklandish’s kids bicycle parade.
- U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame vintage bikes.
- Brompton bike folding contest.
- Bicycle rodeo for children.
- Pedal-powered food Pedal-powered rides by Cyclecide.
- Dazzling collection of new, vintage and handmade bikes.
- Bike Stand demo stage by Bay Area Bikes.
- Bike trivia dunk tank Pedalfest.
- Pig Roast by Lungomare: www.pedalfestpigroast.eventbrite.com.
- Bicycle vendors, artisans and more.
- Selection of beers available from New Belgium Brewing Co., with all proceeds going to support the advocacy work of the East Bay Bicycle Coalition.
For additional information and/or to volunteer, visit www.pedalfestjacklondon.com.